If you want to protect your damaged exteriors against the elements and improve your home’s appearance, you may need to replace your siding.
Most people go right to the roof as the front defense in protecting your home and everything inside from the harsh elements. However, many other components are just as important as your roof, such as your property’s siding. In most cases, the siding will need to be repaired and, later, replaced entirely. You can learn more about the signs you need to replace your siding below.
Continue reading to learn more.
5 Signs You Should Replace Your Siding
The siding on your house has several different responsibilities; at the top of those is protecting your home and aesthetics. When your siding is run down and damaged, it cannot do those things effectively. Here are five signs it is time to replace your siding:
- Blistering and Bubbling — You’ve probably seen homes that were built 40 to 60 years ago that have blistering or bubbling siding. This has turned many people off to the idea of wrapping their homes in the material. But it’s important to remember that the siding used in previous decades is not the same as its modern counterpart.
Today’s siding is more durable, stronger, and resistant to extreme temperatures and weather. Moreover, with proper care and maintenance, today’s materials and manufacturing techniques can look new for decades.
- Cracks, Chips, and Dents — In extreme cases, storms can lead to siding damage. Strong windows can hurl hail and debris into your home, causing dents, cracks, and chips. Thankfully, a few dents here and there typically won’t cause significant moisture damage, but cracks and chips can expose the underlying structure of your home to water, which could lead to further issues.
- High Utility Bills — You may not have realized that your high energy bills could be associated with your siding, but it’s true! Older siding is not nearly as energy-efficient as today’s options. You’ll notice a difference in how much you’re paying in bills after your old siding is removed and the new siding professionally installed.
- Rippling and Warping — Poorly installed siding or long periods can lead to rippling and warping siding. In addition to being unattractive, it can also allow water to get in where it shouldn’t. New siding should be installed to avoid water damage issues and restore your curb appeal.
- Animal Damage — If your home is near any mountains or wooden area, it’s more than likely that your house has become a home to more than just you and your family. Birds, mice, squirrels, and other small critters seek warmth in colder months. If your siding is old, you may want to consider replacing it to protect your property from animal damage.
Let the Pros at M & M Gutters & Exteriors Replace Your Siding
If it’s time to replace your siding on your property, contact the experts at M & M Gutters & Exteriors. With decades of industry experience, no job is too big or small for our professional team. Our skilled technicians are fully licensed and insured. We are committed to delivering high-quality service, gutters, and siding to homes and businesses in Salt Lake, Davis, Weber, Utah, and Summit counties in Utah. Contact us today to learn more.